Monday, June 21, 2010

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies


I had one small zucchini staring me in the face at the bottom of the veggie drawer and I decided to put it to good use by making another sweet treat. i remembered seeing zucchini combined with chocolate chips for cookies, so I looked up some recipes online and modified from there. Instead of coconut, I put in extra chocolate chips, raisins and some walnuts. I didn't think you could ever put in too many chocolate chips in cookies, but in this case I put in a whole bag and it might have been a bit too much. However, my family did not notice and ate them all up without complaint. Here's my recipe, adapted from a recipe from Cooks.com .

ZUCCHINI - CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (toasted, optional)
6 oz. chocolate chips (I put in one whole bag--too much?)
1/2 cup of raisins
1/2 c. butter
1 c. zucchini, shredded
Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Add all dry ingredients and oatmeal; mix until smooth. Add chocolate chips, nuts (toasted to bring out flavor if you like) and zucchini; mix well. Drop by spoonfuls (same as chocolate chip cookies) on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on pan for about 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment