Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Spinach Pizza Party



I've recently discovered how easy it is to make pizza dough in my bread maker. You can also buy dough to make homemade pizza at Trader Joe's, Italian specialty stores such as A. Litteri or at a pizza shop. This one in the picture is one I made using a mix of white and wheat dough. I rolled it very thin so it was crispy. For toppings, I put tomato sauce, roasted spring onions from the share, roasted cherry tomatoes, spinach from the share, chopped parsley, dried basil and oregano, mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper. I like to drizzle a little bit of oil over the top of the pizza before putting it in a 425 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Depending on the thinness of the crust, watch it so it doesn't burn!

I served the pizza with the Super Summer Salad with a slight variation on the dressing: Whisk together 3 T. olive oil, 1 T. balsamic vinegar, 1/2 t. dijon mustard and 1 t. agave nectar. The dressing had a more delicate flavor that went better with the fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment